2018 Southeast Asia Disaster Risk Governance Academic Seminar
September 24-25, 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and Thammasat University, in partnership with Chulalongkorn University, will be jointly organizing this event.
Participants from Southeast Asia are cordially invited to submit their abstracts on the themes identified below.
– Climate and disaster risk-informed policy making
– Gender and diversity mainstreaming in disaster risk management systems
– Institutional structures and mechanisms for inclusive disaster risk governance
– Mechanisms for regional cooperation towards climate-smart disaster risk management systems
Please submit your abstracts to
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected] before July 18, 2018
– Limited to one page (A4, Cambria, size 12, single space)
– Must contain a basic statement of research question, hypothesis, methodology, scope, and limitations
– Multiple authorship will be accepted
– Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be notified to submit their papers for the seminar
While the primary focus of the seminar is to bring together academic institutions and researchers based in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries, the organizing committee will provide limited places for researchers based outside of the region to present papers covering SEA issues, with the understanding that participants based outside of the region will be self-funded.
For more information:
Visit the website here
View the concept note here
See the poster here